Saturday, October 24, 2015

Walking the Dog for Dolls - How to Crochet the Puppy Dog 3 Part Tutorial

Yes! The last video of the crochet series has been posted to my YouTube account! It is in three parts so make sure you watch each one to complete your dog, leash, and collar.





I think this project turned out so cute. I had a few issues completing it though as I wanted to make sure everything was just perfect for you guys that are watching and crocheting along with me. I did find some errors in the pattern by Red Heart Yarn. But, they weren't something I couldn't reread and figure out. The one thing that left me confused was how they wanted the leash to be attached to the collar. However you end up doing it is fine by me. I just slipped stitched it around the entire collar so it looks like it is attached by a ring. It turned out to be just fine.





So, let's get started. Parts 1 through 3 are listed below in order.








 

 
If you missed the pattern for the dog or any of the doll clothes we made. Here is the link http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/walking-dog-dolls. The pattern is a .pdf file so you can either view it on a tablet computer or print it off.
 
Let me know what you guys think of this tutorial and if you would be interested on me doing another one. (A shorter one next time would be great!) I don't think I want to tackle this long of a pattern again for a long while. I did it because I wanted to make this outfit and dog for myself and to sell on my Etsy store. But, it was a very tricky process for me to video tape all the stitching and create a quality video that you guys could follow along with. It was a learning process for sure!
 
Also, if you have finished this project, I would love to see it! Post it and send me a link in the comment section below or share it via one of my social media sites. I am on Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and Instagram.
 
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment