Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween from Biscuit & Me!

Biscuit is all dressed up this year and so am I. We won't be going out trick or treating though, as we have kids coming to our house!



We still have fun though watching the Halloween Classic, "It's the Big Pumpkin Charlie Brown." I have the movie on DVD so we can pause and answer the door when the kids come a calling. We also watch Garfield's Halloween as I have that on my DVD, too. I never watched it when I was a kid because they never aired it on TV. And, the TV channels really hack into the videos now to post so many commercials!!!! It is very frustrating. At least we get to watch the whole episode now. :)



But, back to Halloween goodies. We usually make popcorn at my house and make popcorn balls. I don't eat the candy that we buy at the store and hand out as it isn't gluten free and Biscuit can't have chocolate. So, it all has to go!



That is when I was told about the Teal Pumpkin Project by Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE). It is a nationwide initiative to encourage people to leave non-food treats for kids who can't eat candy because of various allergies and intolerances including gluten.



Watch my video to see my special trick or treat table I came up with this year and what Biscuit is wearing for Halloween...










If you are interested in seeing the second part of this video to learn how to set up a candy bar like the one shown, I posted it to my other YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXmyWSGFqW0



If you want to learn more about FARE and the Teal Pumpkin Project visit their website here http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project



Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment